New year, new me, and I’m excited to try some new recipes! Today’s post shares my recipe for a mixed berry and yogurt parfait, perfect for breakfast, snack, or le dessert (mmm). Check out more of my recipes here (including some that are even a little healthy, FODMAP-friendly for IBS, and organic!)
Since pregnancy is ever the adventure and I’m still malade practically every night at almost twenty-five weeks, I have to be very mindful about what and when I eat to minimize le vomiting. (Morning sickness limited to the morning and/or the first trimester is a myth! She strikes Any Time of day or during pregnancy!)
My German friend, Christiane, made a similar dessert around the Christmas holidays last year, and I’ve been wanting to make my own version even since. Feeling inspired this past weekend while brainstorming options for something sweet and tangy (and somewhat healthy!), this easy-to-make parfait was born. C’est délicieux!
One of my 2022 goals is to eat more organic food to support a more sustainable and natural lifestyle. Unfortunately, I did not have organic fruit or yogurt for this parfait, but I did use my favorite honey from Singing Cedars Apiary in Orwell, Vermont.
For the coulis:
- 1 (12-oz.) bag frozen mixed berries, preferably organic (if you can find it)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 T. lemon juice
For the yogurt:
- 1 (16-oz.) plain yogurt or Greek yogurt, or 2 to 3 (5.3-oz.) yogurts
- 1/4 c. honey, preferably organic, local, and raw
- You can eyeball these measurements (technical term)
For the garnish:
- Semisweet, dark, or white chocolate chips, for sprinkling on top of parfaits
- Biscoff cookies, or any spice-forward cookie or biscuit, for crumbling or sticking on top of parfaits
To prepare the coulis:
- Place coulis ingredients in saucepan and heat over medium-high until lightly bubbling.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and blend with immersion blender, or mash with potato masher or fork, to blend and break down fruit.
- Set aside to cool completely, 15 to 20 minutes.
To prepare yogurt:
- Combine yogurt and honey in small bowl (or right in the yogurt container!).
- Adjust amount of honey to sweeten the yogurt to your liking.
To assemble parfaits:
- Layer coulis and yogurt in dessert bowls, juice or rocks glasses, or wine glasses, alternating between coulis and yogurt.
- Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, top parfaits with chocolate chips and cookies.
- Makes 4 parfaits.
How will you treat yourself to something special today?
Merci for reading and please subscribe and share!
À votre santé,